EMNLP 2015 will take place at Culturgest. The closest subway station is Campo Pequeno, and there are also several bus stops nearby.
Several hotels are located within walking distance to Culturgest, given that the venue is in the vicinity of one of the most import avenues in Lisbon – Avenida da República. Lisbon’s downtown and the historical center can also be easily reached by subway.
- (1) Hotel Holiday Inn Continental (4-star) - $$
- (2) Hotel 3K Barcelona (4-star) - $$
- (3) Hotel Alif Campo Pequeno (3-star) - $
- (4) Hotel Vip Executive Zurique (3-star) - $
- (5) Hotel Vip Inn Berna (3-star) - $
- (6) Hotel Vip Executive Saldanha (4-star) - $$
- (7) Hotel Turim Iberia (4-star) - $$
- (8) Hotel Holiday Inn Lisbon (4-star) - $
- (9) Hotel Roma (3-star) - $$
- (10) Jupiter Lisboa (4-star) - $$
- (11) Turim Alameda (4-star) - $$
- (12) Hotel Afrin (2-star) - $
The following map shows the locations for conference venue and for the different hotels that are listed on this page.
The website for Turismo de Lisboa, a non-profit organization promoting Lisbon as a tourist destination and one the institutions supporting EMNLP 2015, has several suggestions for accommodation in Lisbon, including hotels within reach of the conference venue.
An e-mail discussion group for EMNLP 2015 has also been created, with the aim of connecting people attending the conference (e.g., for helping students to arrange for accommodation on a shared basis, for supporting the exchange of tips on local restaurants and attractions, or for supporting general discussions about the conference). Fell free to join the discussion group.
Besides the accommodation options detailed above, you can also choose to stay closer to Lisbon's downtown or historical areas, which have great accessibility to the conference venue, and may allow the participants to better enjoy Lisbon during their spare time.
Specifically for low-budget accommodation, Lisbon has some of the best hostels in the world right in the city center, ideal for student accommodation. Another alternative is AirBnB, which has several good alternatives for lodging in Lisbon.
Belém and Tagus river (Rio Tejo) area
The following hotels are located near the margin of the Tagus river. Important monuments of Lisbon are located within this area: Belém Tower (Torre de Belém), St. Jerome Monastery (Mosteiro dos Jerónimos) and the Discoveries Monument (Padrão dos Descobrimentos). Lisbon’s downtown is about 15-20 minutes away by bus or by tram.
- (1) Hotel Pestana Palace (5-star) - $$$
- (2) Hotel Jerónimos 8 (4-star) - $$$
- (3) Hotel Vila Galé Ópera (4-star) - $$$
Downtown (Baixa) area
The following hotels are located near the downtown part of the city, close to the Chiado shopping area. Other city locations, including the conference venue, can be easily accessed either by subway or buses, since this area is well covered by Lisbon’s public transportation network.
- (1) Internacional Design Hotel (4-star) - $$$
- (2) The Beautique Hotels Figueira (4-star) - $$$
- (3) Hotel Borges Chiado (3-star) - $$
Marquês de Pombal area
These hotels are located near the top of one of the most important streets of Lisbon – Avenida da Liberdade. Lisbon’s downtown is located at walking distance (10-20 minute walk, depending on the hotel). Other city locations, including the conference venue, can again be easily accessed either by subway or buses, since this area is well covered by Lisbon’s public transportation network.
- (1) Hotel Altis Lisbon (5-star) - $$$
- (2) Hotel Tivoli Lisbon (5-star) - $$$
- (3) Hotel Tivoli Jardim (4-star) - $$$
- (4) Hotel Marquês de Pombal (4-star) - $$$
- (5) Hotel Fénix Lisbon (4-star) - $$$
- (6) Hotel Sana Lisbon (4-star) - $$
- (7) Hotel Fénix Garden (3-star) - $$
- (8) Hotel Miraparque (3-star) - $